- I've been sick for the last few days and was planning on attending my Monday Comm Design classes anyway, but today I felt 10x worse so I'm just going to post my Typeface Comparison here and get a doctor's note tomorrow. Sorry I can't be there guys, see you Wednesday hopefully.
-Matthew
Typeface Comparison: Baskerville and BauerBodoni
These are two very similar typefaces (they're both serif letters) , but with some subtle differences. - The modulation in the letterforms of BauerBodoni has greater contrast than the Baskerville.
- Some particular letters have different qualities all-together between the two typefaces; for example, the tail of the 'Q' in Baskerville has more of a swash-like appearance to it than in the BauerBodoni, the counter of the 'J' in Baskerville is larger and more gradual than in BauerBodoni, etc.
- The stem weight of the letters in BauerBodoni are more rigid (more up and down) than in Baskerville in which they are more curved and gradual in their modulation.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Very Sick w/ Typeface Comparison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment